Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Potomac by Tim Coons

So, for the past few years we have hosted friends and friends of friends to help promote their art and expression of God and life as we know it as small beings on a small planet in this huge universe. This is something we do because we love to give, but honestly, it is something that always gives back 100 fold.

Last year, we were introduced to Tim Coons through our friend, Travis, and were fortunate to be have Tim play at our place in the fall. He brought a few friends, too, Chris Telfer, who later came back and had his own concert at our house, and Kyle Steed, who was bold in his giving to the audience by painting during the concert.

The night was striking and inspiring—and that is just using human words. Each and every person left after being touched by the Spirit in different ways. I don't think anyone really wanted to move around the room at all, the words and melodies were so strong and penetrating. I can say that I still today listen to Tim Coons' album at least once a day. Something about what he is doing or saying helps me to open up in prayer like nothing else. I think in the simplest way I can explain what happens...is that I believe him, and I accept the invitation into something bigger than all else.

So, you can imagine how excited I was when I heard about his new project of "mash-ups" of his own songs with traditional hymns. I went over to the site to have a listen to how he married some of my favorites here.

Please take the time to have a listen. You can go here to find out more about Tim and pick up the new album Potomac!

AND...once you fall in love with his music, stay in touch with me because we are planning a house concert October 12th!

Peace. K.

No comments: