Monday, October 08, 2012

remember me


Do you remember me, Lord?
Time and times we spent together,
You alongside me
(although I didn’t always acknowledge You)
as I considered pathways
and made choices that led us both to here.
To now.
To a fresh new moment where I get to choose again
as I process past experiences along with the unfathomable
before each and every new decision
while You observe me struggling with freedom.

I have spent years reacting to what comes
in fear of Your disapproval, and my own.

In the end they are just choices.
Intentions.
Pathways.
And Your judgment is always the same
no matter how long, deep, silent or alarming the cry for You is…
the answer is the same:

“I Love.
I Accept.”

It makes me feel crazy, call me crazy
for wanting to accept humanity, my humanity, as You can…
and I try, resulting in both successes and failures
that I face, next to You, as always,
while you smile and nod and observe and I flounder
and hopefully, most hopefully,
choose to walk through the body of Jesus to know Your presence, Father,
to experience liberation coupled with Sonship.

I know You remember, because You remind me.
You remember me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.