Monday, March 19, 2012

unwell.

yes, i feel unwell, smothered,

and lasting. each deep breath

pulls like water, a sinking anchor

(and i used to trust the air…)

that drags long the moments

of tears into yawns that stress ‘rest’

and i nod, only partially,

because i know there is more,

have felt more, have been more before…

it was the day after one like this

when the waters dispersed,

a great exhale of words that ran for,

panted after, screamed 'freedom',

so wild, into a million flowers

blooming the hillside into fragrance

soft

and light

fresh pollen dusted my nose,

tickled my throat, and

i can still feel the stems

pressed tightly together in my hand

as I approached Him…

that day is coming,

tomorrow.

2 comments:

vofbaca said...

So glad... glad it is coming tomorrow! Does that mean Lent is over and I can save my penance for next year?

Unknown said...

You are so funny. I love you, you are one of my heroes.
Thank you for reading this. :)